‘Tis the season…local vegetable gardens are bursting with flavor! While summer is rapidly coming to an end, many of the Farmers Markets in our area are in full swing, offering a variety of fresh, healthy produce. Three Z encourages you to consider shopping local, for a number of reasons, which we’d like to share. (Source: http://www.localfarmmarkets.org/home.html#states)
Shopping locally means you will:
• save gas, which means saving money, and create less pollution in your drive;
• pollute less, as the food does not need to be transported from a distance;
• eat fresher food, with higher vitamin levels, as less time passes from harvesting to purchasing;
• eat tastier food; again, as less time passes from harvesting to purchasing; and
• eat healthier food: since it does not need to be shipped, and it will be purchased sooner, less (or no) fungicides are needed.
So hopefully you’re giving thought to supporting a Farmers Market, but you’re not quite sure where to find one near you. For starters, you can Google “local farmers markets” and you’ll probably come up with a few hits. Or you can start with http://northeastohiofamilyfun.com/farmers-markets-in-northeast-ohio/. This site offers a comprehensive list of markets in the Northeast Ohio region, along with other fun and exciting things to do with your family. If there are several within driving distance of your home, consider taking the kids to visit a few on a sunny Saturday morning.
Three Z is your source for delivering the quality materials you need, while providing the service you expect. Visit our website, http://three-z.com/ to check out our wide assortment of soils and amendments, mulches, sands, aggregates, limestone, and washed gravels.